Hey, I know that many of you are heading out of town for “muscle beach” vacations! So, here’s a tip to help maintain your hard-earned fitness form while away on vacation this winter.
Using the hotel /ship gym, or following basic isometrics in your room:
- Select 1 exercise for each of your major muscle groups (legs, chest, back, shoulders, arms, torso)
- Undertake each of the 6 selected exercises, holding each “work” phase of the exercise (the real effort part) for 5 full seconds.
- Repeat these 5 second work intervals for 1 full minute. (likely 8-12 times of 5 seconds each)
Example using Dumbbells:
- Standing Squats / down & hold for 5 /up for 5/ repeat for 1 full minute
- Lying Chest Presses / up & hold for 5 / down for 5/ repeat for 1 full minute
- 1-arm Bent-over row / up & hold for 5 / down for 5/ repeat for 1 full minute
- Standing Lateral raise / up & hold for 5 / down for 5/ repeat for 1 full minute
- Standing Biceps Curls / up & hold for 5 / down for 5/ repeat for 1 full minute
- Triceps Dips on Bench / down & hold for 5 / up for 5/ repeat for 1 full minute
Assuming a 30-45 second break between muscle groups, that means you’re finished in less than 10 minutes!
How often? Only TWICE a week!! That’s a maximum of 20 minutes out of your full week in the sun!
Of course you will not “progress” your workout by following this plan on vacation… but you WILL keep the shape that you arrived there with.*
“And that’s a Fact!”
*high-performance midnight Buffet participants may not qualify!!